The main role of epidemiologists is to support outbreak interventions and planning/implementation of epidemiological surveys to identify outbreak areas. In addition, those in this position may manage the investigation of morbidity and mortality as well as the construction and evaluation of an infectious disease investigation system.
- Prepare epidemiological survey protocols such as nutrition survey, mortality survey, and KAP survey; oversee data collection, analysis, reflection of project analysis results, and staff guidance
- Collect and analyze outbreak data, create reports, examine response methods, and determine strategies
- Construct a surveillance system in the project area and analyze data, including system practice, community, and hospital data
- Submit activity reports related to epidemiology and data management (patient files, forms, statistics, databases)
- Manage teams (epidemiological team recruitment, training, performance evaluation, etc.)
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- EssentialMaster's degree in epidemiology or international public health with a focus on epidemiology
- EssentialExperience in survey design, implementation, and evaluation, as well as practical experience with quantitative and qualitative surveys
- EssentialAble to design and implement surveillance and data collection to monitor diseases and outbreaks
- EssentialManagement/supervision/teaching experience
- EssentialAbility to work in English and/or in French
- DesirableExperience working as a doctor or other healthcare professional
- DesirableFamiliarity with tropical medicine and infectious diseases
- DesirableExperience in outbreak emergency response
- DesirableShort-term (3-6 week) survey/reporting experience
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 3 to 12 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF