Project coordinators coordinate program(s) in the field under their responsibility, liaise between the team in the capital and the field team they supervise and represent MSF to local contacts.
Ensuring compliance in the field with MSF's ethical and operational principles, the project coordinator supports, applies and disseminates them across all activities. The person supervises and supports the team on the ground and facilitates their participation in the momentum of MSF.
- Define and implement programs: Responding to the needs of beneficiaries, the project coordinator participates in the intervention strategy, not only by providing concrete, up-to-date information, but also from the perspective the person brings to the team in the capital. The project coordinator sets up the necessary procedures and resources to deliver effective programs.
- Monitor and assess programs (objectives and resources): Monitor indicators and developments in the situation to ensure that operational strategy is aligned with the resources deployed and the needs of beneficiaries.
- Support and supervise the team: Organise the team's work, ensure they are aware of the challenges of the assignment and facilitate their participation in the momentum of the association.
- Manage human resources: Make sure the personnel management policy is implemented in the project.
- Security of teams: Ensure adherence to security procedures set up by the coordination team and monitor the situation on the ground through fostering the involvement of the team the project coordinator is supervising.
- Process information: Represent the field team to the team in the capital and local authorities, establish information flows between the field and the capital and ensures all information is properly understood.
- Network: Develop and maintain a network of contacts, including any partners and authorities in order to be able to take appropriate actions as the situation evolves.
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- EssentialAt least 2 years in humanitarian aid, project conception, monitoring and assessment, team management with an NGO including 12 months as a field worker and 12 months minimum as a Project Coordinator
- EssentialExperience in managing relations with not only national authorities but also national and international partners (NGOs, United Nations, etc.)
- EssentialFluency in English or French
- DesirableAble to represent the organisation to national and international counterparts
- DesirableGood negotiation skills
- DesirableCapacity to assume responsibility for security issues
- DesirableAwareness and understanding of the importance of speaking out and advocacy in MSF's mandate
- DesirableAble to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- DesirableOrganise and prioritise workload
- DesirableTake initiative
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 12 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
- ©Tom Barnes