Pharmacists coordinate and supervise pharmacy operations of hospitals and clinics operated and supported by MSF as well as manage the proper use of pharmaceutical and medical supplies according to MSF's protocols and national and international legislation. Generic brands of medicine are used, and names differ from those available in Japan. Please refer to the MSF Essential Drugs guidelines for the country in question.
- Ensure compliance of pharmaceutical practices according to national regulations
- Ensure the quality of all medical supplies (medicines, medical devices, and laboratory equipment)
- Ensure management of medicines and medical equipment: order, storage and distribution
- Analyze the consumption data, in accordance with medical protocols
- Ensure good practices of drug delivery
- Supervise staff in charge of the daily management of products
- Support the development of strategies
- Actively participate in developing plans and annual budget
- Participate in monthly reports in accordance with directives
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Essential2 or more years of clinical experience
- EssentialWork experience in a general hospital
- EssentialManagement/supervision/teaching experience
- EssentialAbility to work in English and/or in French
- DesirableExperience abroad (especially in developing countries)
- DesirableInventory management experience
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 6 to 12 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF