The main role of an MSF nurse is to manage and improve the knowledge and skills of the nursing team while building and strengthening teamwork. The scope of work is diverse and varies greatly depending on the location and goal of the project, including pharmacy/medical device management, hygiene management, hospital data management, efficient report creation, hospital infection control, and public health activities. In addition to collaborating with other departments within the project, nurses may also be in charge of diplomacy with related organisations.
- Provide training and follow-up to improve knowledge and skills of locally hired staff
- Oversee the selection process for newly hired local staff
- Manage pharmacy/medical devices
- Collect, manage, and report data; monitor project functions
- Control hospital infection
- Conduct public health and outreach activities, such as vaccine campaigns and mobile clinics
- Collaborate with the human resources department, logistics department, and finance department
- Lead diplomacy and negotiations with related organizations when required
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- Essential5 years of professional experience
- EssentialAbility to work in in English and/or in French
- EssentialDegree or clinical experience in tropical medicine
- EssentialOver 1 year of infection control experience
- EssentialStrong leadership skills
- EssentialManagement/supervision/teaching experience
- DesirableExtensive experience in surgery, ICU, emergency care, paediatrics (especially NICU, neonatal care), and obstetrics
- DesirableCertified infection control nurse if applying as an infection control specialist
- DesirableClinical experience with an NGO in a developing country
- DesirableClinical experience with HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis
- DesirableClinical experience in environments with limited human resources and materials, such as isolated islands, remote areas, and developing countries
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 6 to 12 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF