Not limited to the intensive care unit, intensivitsts are in charge of patients in critical condition in all departments, including hospital wards such as the pediatric ward, operating rooms, emergency rooms, and examination rooms, and work in collaboration with each department to provide high-quality care. In many projects, intensivists are on-call 24 hours a day. Their work is done under the supervision of the medical team leader of the project, the medical coordination of the country, the cell, and the medical department of the headquarters.
- Provide treatment and monitoring in line with MSF protocols for ICU patients
- Provide a wide range of medical care and flexible response based on the project region (management of severe sepsis in burn patients in the ICU, management of cardiogenic shock in the CCU, etc.)
- Collaborate and coordinate with anaesthesiology and surgical teams to manage surgical patients
- Coordinate between multiple staff positions and departments, including transportation coordination
- Manage and order pharmaceutical supplies required for intensive care
- Submit activity reports and manage data (patient files, forms, statistics, databases, etc.)
- Plan training for staff and conduct evaluations, supervision, etc.
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- EssentialHas a doctorate in medicine with significant experience in the critical care unit (CCU) and/or intensive care unit (ICU)
- EssentialAbility to work in English and/or French
- DesirableExcellent clinical skills and ability to work with limited resources
- DesirableAble to handle all departments, including pediatrics
- DesirableManagement/teaching experience
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 3 to 12 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF