Infectious disease specialists deal with various infectious diseases such as HIV, tropical diseases, and tuberculosis. COVID-19 and drug-resistant bacteria have become a particular problem in recent years. MSF’s infectious disease specialists are working on treatment and countermeasures for bacterial infections in the most vulnerable patients, such as malnourished children, war-injured people, and patients with HIV.
- Determine countermeasures to address infection by source and route and guide staff on proper PPE use and implementation
- Create an infection control manual tailored to local needs and resources
- Conduct surveillance, complete assessments, and make recommendations during infectious disease outbreaks
- Treat and manage multidrug-resistant tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS (including counseling and education), and emerging/re-emerging infectious diseases
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- EssentialMedical degree with specialty in infectious diseases
- EssentialExtensive experience in the field of infectious diseases, including HIV and tuberculosis treatment
- EssentialDegree or clinical experience in tropical medicine
- EssentialAbility to work in English and/or French
- Essential2 years of practice in hospital context (internship included)
- DesirableExperience on a support team for the proper use of antibacterial drugs
- DesirableManagement/teaching experience
- DesirableAvailable for a minimum of 6 months
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF