MSF's surgical projects provide quality reconstructive treatment and functional recovery care to help patients who have suffered physical trauma such as gunshot wounds, explosion injuries, and burns to return to their daily lives. MSF is looking for surgeons who have experience in and can treat patients in the fields of burn, plastic, and hand surgery.
- Collect clinical data and make use of management tools to share information with medical staff
- Guide and train locally hired staff (doctors, nurses, etc.); complete managerial tasks such as recruitment and performance evaluation
- Assess surgical risks through preoperative examinations; manage postoperative care and make postoperative rounds
- Submit activity reports and manage data (patient files, forms, statistics, databases, etc.)
- Manage and order pharmaceutical supplies and surgical equipment required for medical treatment
- EssentialCompliance with Essential Requirements for all potential candidates
- EssentialReconstructive plastic surgery or orthopedic surgery with expertise in burn and / or hand surgery
- EssentialManagement/teaching experience
- EssentialAbility to work in English and/or in French
- EssentialStrong surgical skills in reconstructive surgery, or expertise in burn treatments and microsurgery (at least 2 years)
- DesirableFor some of our interventions, proven experience in pediatric surgery
- DesirableAvailable for 6 weeks to 3 months depending on the project
Submit your application
Please first prepare your CV (free form) and a motivation letter. Some positions may request you to download and fill specific CV (MSF CV template) and a technical check list. Please check below to ensure document(s) requested for your profile. You need to fill all necessary documents in English or French, then complete your application through our online form.
CV (free form)
- ※For a free format CV, please refer to this example.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) accepts applications for international positions through the form below.
Information about clinical and medical necessities for MSF’s activities in developing countries, such as required medical supplies, clinical guidelines, refugee healthcare, tuberculosis, obstetrics, and so on, is available on our website (English). PDF materials, ebook materials, and a smartphone application are available for download. Printed materials are made available at our information sessions.
- ©Malak Shaher/MSF