Terms of employment
This terms of employment is applied to the staffs who are residents of Japan (those eligible to work without restriction) and make an employment contract with MSF Japan. For others, they vary depending on the MSF office you are recruited and contracted, but some features are common for all MSF field staffs.
ALLOWANCE AND EXPENSES
- MSF provides 25 days paid holidays per year (or pro rata equivalent)
- MSF covers the cost of living and accommodation in the project country as well as transportation costs to and from the mission.
- MSF covers the cost of vaccinations and medical check.
- MSF covers other administrative expenses e.g. visas etc.
- In the first 12 months of field work, a monthly gross allowance of approximately JPY 171,505 will be paid.
- After 12 months in the field, salary increases to JPY 200,408 - 575,862, calculated based on levels of responsibility and past professional experience.
- MSF insures all field workers for health (for the duration of the mission plus three months after return), medical repatriation, and death and disability.
- MSF contributes on your behalf to Japan national social and employment insurance when applicable.
Working hours vary considerably depending on the project and the period. For example, you may have to work intensely for long hours during an emergency. However, relaxation time is normally set aside for you to have the necessary rest.